12/21/2004

Two Thumbs Down For Ofoto

DO NOT USE OFOTO.com to print your pictures.

I recently used ofoto.com to print some of my photos. The pictures that came back were off color and too bright.

I called customer service (waited on the phone for the normal 20 minutes) and told them that I was a first time customer and explained the problems I had with the pictures I received. I was told by the customer service rep. that ofoto uses Kodak's Photoperfection software which automatically adjusts pictures before they are printed. I told the rep. that I edited my pictures in Photoshop to get the right color and brightness combination that I wanted. The rep. explained that at this time that there is no way for the Photoperfection software to be turned off before pictures are printed. I then told the rep. that this was too bad because I was looking forward to doing more business with them by printing several 20" x 30" posters. However, since their Photoperfection software could not be turned off I will take my business somewhere else.

However, to Ofoto's credit they did Fed-ex me reprints for free. Unfortunately the reprints were as horrible as the first prints :(

Photoperfection....what a joke!!

Hello Shutterfly - I know I can turn off their automatic photo-correction software :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home