8/15/2004

Back From St. Helens


The Saint Helens trip was awesome! The picture posted here is from a part of the trail (notice the little black dot at the top of the trail on the picture - that's one of the other riders!). The trail extends way beyond what you see here. I think that the ride was about 25 miles, out and back. I would have to say that this ride has been my favorite ride so far this year.

Not only were the views awesome, but there were about 20 of us that shared a great campsite alongside the Lower Falls of the Lewis River. Everyone in the camp was very cool. My favorite part of hanging out at the campsite was during the night sitting around a campfire drinking beer and cracking jokes. Another favorite was that on the top of the Lower Falls was a water hole that we jumped into after our rides - cool and refreshing.

Overall it was an experience that I won't forget and look forward to going out next year, hopefully with the same riders and some new riders too :)

Casualties:
1.) Dislocated my pinky finger, but quickly pulled it back into place so the swelling is minimal.
2.) Someone broke their ankle.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home